No subject

Thu Apr 10 15:59:49 PDT 2014

INFUSION - aka TISANE - A beverage made like a tea. Boiling water is added
to plant material, then allowed to sit and steep, extracting active
ingredients.

DECOCTION - Hard materials such as roots, wood, bark, and seeds generally
require boiling to extract active ingredients.  This method also works to
extract mineral salts and bitter principals.  This method extracts active
principals of harder plant matter,(roots, bark, seeds, seed pods, etc.) and
renders toxic substances less toxic, thus safer to use.

Christianna