No subject

Thu Apr 10 15:59:49 PDT 2014

Modern "traditional" recipe for the drink:

Ingredients

3 rounded tablespoons medium oatmeal
2 tablespoons heather honey
whiskey
water

Mix the oatmeal with enough cold water to make a thin paste.  Leave the
mixture to stand for half and hour, then strain it through a sieve, pressing
it well down so the meal becomes quite dry again.  discard the meal.  Mix
the liquid with the honey into a quart bottle and fillup with whisky.  Cork
and shake well before serving

Modern recipe for the pudding:

Ingredients

1/2 pint double cream (1 1/4 cup)
3 fl oz. whisky (1/4 cup)
3 tablespoons runny heather honey
2 oz. pinhead oatmeal, toasted (1/3 cup)

Whip the cream until it just holds its shape.  Stir in the oatmeal withe
honey.  Chill then just before serving mix in the whisky.  Serve in small
stemmed glasses.