No subject

Thu Apr 10 15:59:49 PDT 2014

The previous section, LXXVI speaks of mixing honey
with milk, also for consumptives, and having the
patient lying down flat, do that more benefit may be
had.

LXXVII- Of Butter

Likewise of butter, if a consumptive take it. But the
said butter shoulds have no salt at all, for if it has
salt, it does great damage. If it is clean and fresh,
let a little honey be mixed with it, and let the
patient lick it a little, and then lie down flat.
Furthermore, about consumptives, - it is better for
those who have not had it a long time, but if the lung
is punctured and excretes pus, it is not good for
those people.

Essentially, it appears that it's being used as a
cough syrup, generating phlegm, in order to help clear
the lungs with coughing- it is noted that it isn't
good if the lung is wounded, and I think we'd all
agree that coughing with an injured lung is probably
not the best treatment for the injury.

I did scan Platina, since I've noticed a fair amount
of similarities between Platina and Anthimus, but
there was no honey butter mentioned, although honey
was mixed with milk to prevent the milk from spoiling.
I did note that one is enjoined to be quiet after
drinking milk, that you might avoid shaking it in the
belly and causing it to sour in the stomach.

Phlip

=====
Never a horse that cain't be rode,