No subject

Thu Apr 10 15:59:49 PDT 2014

fruit, extremely good, having the taste of raspberry; it grows on a tall
tree where there can be found several, having the characteristic of growing
rather down than up in contrast to the fruits of France.  It is eaten raw
with salt only to relieve the Indians of stomach pains."  The illustration
is clearly that of a pineapple and really doesn't match the description.

Later, whole plants would be carried by ships in the tropics as a source of
fresh fruit and scatter pineapples across the Pacific.

Bear