No subject

Thu Apr 10 15:59:49 PDT 2014

that seem to show what she was looking for in this area and have sent
her the citation or the url for the image.

Today I found two more both by the same artist and since these were very
striking, I thought I would post this find to the list--

The works are The Last Supper by Domenico Ghirlandaio, 1480 (Florence)
and 1486 (San Marco).
They are on the web in a variety of places
but the best is probably the Web Gallery of Art--
http://gallery.euroweb.hu/html/g/ghirland/domenico/4lastsup/2ogniss.html
Or one can browse the works by searching on Author: ghirlandaio which
turns up 140 pictures found, Items 61-70 show the last suppers.

"The table is covered by a white tablecloth with blue embroidery.
Plates, decanters, glasses, saltcellars and knives are carefully
arranged in front of each table-guest, as are the bread and cherries. It
might even be the realistic and serene representation of a Florentine
table of the period."
from the description...
Take a look at the linen bands at the end of the tables. If you can find
the work in an actual book enlarged as a two page spread, it's quite
apparent that there are dragons between the bands.

The 1486 (San Marco) is at:
http://gallery.euroweb.hu/html/g/ghirland/domenico/4lastsup/3smarco.html
This one features even more ornate bands.
The gallery offers details of both.

Johnnae llyn Lewis   Johnna Holloway