No subject

Thu Apr 10 15:59:49 PDT 2014

59. POTTAGE OF NOODLES
POTAJE DE FIDEOS (43)
Clean the fideos of their filth, and when they are well-cleaned (44) put a very clean pot on the fire with good fatty
hen's broth or mutton broth that is well-salted; and when the broth begins to boil, cast the fideos into the pot with a
piece of sugar; and when they are more than half cooked, cast goat or sheep milk into the pot with the hen's broth or
mutton broth; or instead of that, almond milk, for that can never be lacking; and cook everything well together, and
when the fideos are cooked, remove the pot from the fire and let it rest a little while; and prepare dishes, casting
sugar and cinnamon upon them; but as I have said in the chapter on rice, many say that with pottages of this kind which
are cooked with meat broth that one should not cast in either sugar or milk, but this is according to each one's
appetite; and in truth, with fideos or rice cooked in meat broth, it is better to cast good grated cheese upon the
dishes.

10 oz - Egg Noodles
3 C - Water
2 T - Chicken Bullion
2 T - Butter
1 1/2 C - Almond Milk
3/4 C - Cheese

Bring water and bullion to boil and add butter and noodles. Cook for 5 minutes stirring frequently. Add the almond milk
and cook for 6 more minutes stirring frequently. Remove pot from flame and allow to rest covered for about 5 minutes.
Transfer to a serving bowl and shake cheese evenly over top.

I bet the rye noodles would work just fine with this and would be verry tasty.

-Serena da Riva