[Sca-cooks] Any references to peaches being used in period brewing?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Apr 21 10:24:46 PDT 2014

 The Britannian magazine: or, A new art of making above twenty sorts of English wines viz, of apples, pears, peaches, cherries, plums, sloes, damasins, quinces, figgs, goosberries, mulberries, currens, blackberries, elderberries, roses, carnations, cowslips, scurvy-grass, mint, and balm, &c. More pleasant and agreeable to the English constitution than those of France. With the way of making brandy and other spirits: as likewise how to make artificial clarets, rhenish, &c. The second edition. To which is added, the foundation of the art of distillation: or the true and genuine way of making malt into low-wines, proof-spirits, and brandy-wines, compliant to the late act of Parliament concerning distillation. By W.Y. M.D.
by W. [William] Y-Worth, W.  London : printed by W. Onely, for T. Salusbury, at the King's Arms, in Fleet-street, 1694.

By title anyway, this might be of interest. I know it's late but at least it is before 1700.

Johnnae