[Sca-cooks] Any references to peaches being used in period brewing?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Mon Apr 21 20:49:59 PDT 2014

Thank you. This makes sense. I had been wondering how we got from gunpowder magazine to a printed booklet. I was also wondering if there were other copies of this "The Britannian" and whether we were missing other goodies in those. Or why only one of many issues was fit for republication. The answer is apparently that this was a single issue not a serial publication.

A bit out of our period, and we know that some drinks were coming and going out of fashion, like syllabubs, but perhaps still useful it getting an idea of how some drinks were make in late period.

The whole discussion on peach brews does highlight again though, that just because something was popular in one time period, it might not have been known a hundred years prior. I'm still a bit mystified on why peaches don't show up. It may simply be that they were being brewed with in eastern Europe but not in the west, in late period because the peach wasn't common there. Yet.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris