[Sca-cooks] Any references to peaches being used in period brewing?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Thu Apr 24 18:38:38 PDT 2014

Would the wine keep the peach from turning brown though?

I thought the lemon juice worked because of it's acidity. In which case, vinegar would also work, but wouldn't be as tasty. :-(

So would dipping peach or apple pieces in wine keep them from turning brown?

I can see where dipping peaches in a sweet wine might increase the sweetness, though. Or perhaps a reduced-wine sauce.

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris