[Sca-cooks] OOP-New Ivan Day Blog

Elise Fleming alyskatharine at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 22:05:30 PDT 2014

Greetings! For those of us who follow Ivan Day's blogs
(http://foodhistorjottings.blogspot.com/), it has been a long time since
he posted a new one, but one is available now. It details why he hasn't
posted recently and shows photos of several events he has worked on.
There are fancy Victorian tables, molded jellies, etc. Ivan also lists
where he will be speaking. For those of us in the US, he'll be in
Houston on September 6. The blog provides a link to the event. He'll
also have a talk at the Queen's Gallery in London on September 17.

I attended my 5th course with him in early July on "advanced sugarwork".
Ivan refers to working on a Korean production of "A Food Odyssey". One
of the sugar works we constructed was a "baldacchino" which he said he
might use. It looked something like the one pictured on his "courses"
web page (http://www.historicfood.com/Advanced%20Sugarwork.htm) although
the decorations were different.

If you have sleepless nights, you could do worse than to look at his blog!

Alys K.
--
Elise Fleming
alyskatharine at gmail.com