[Sca-cooks] OOP 'lemon beer'

morgana morgana at gci.net
Sun Aug 17 03:12:28 PDT 2014

> I found a OOP lemon beer recipe, but not by Papa Gunther. (Read the file for the rest)
>
> http://www.florilegium.org/files/BEVERAGES/beer-msg.html
>>> I have a recipe for a
>>> lemon-beer, three days, 10 lemons, some sugar, a package of baking yeast,
>>> water, and voila!, you have a fizzy lemon drink, not enough fermentation
>>> to have much alcohol ... but just enough to be fizzy.
>
> Ranvaig

That looks close, but now I'm left with wondering how much is 'some sugar'? One cup, 5 cups, 1/2 cup? Judging from my email exchange, the version I was making added the chopped lemons to yeasty warm water, so some heating was involved… And just how much water?

I checked the Floralegium file you referenced, and didn't find anything more concrete than the above (and with my eyes, reading 12 pages of black ink on brown paper bag background was 'interesting' (I definitely am ready for new computer glasses!).

I'd probably have more idea of proportions if I made beer. But I don't like much beer, so don't have that background (but I do like citrus drinks-G).

Thanks for your help. I'm closer, if not there, to make some again.

Morgana