[Sca-cooks] Surviving medieval sauces?

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Sun Feb 16 21:35:24 PST 2014

Maire, which one? ISTR there's two or three. (I've no memory which text,
and the books with all of the little colored markers are still under the
pile of detritus left from the recent bookcase shuffle... COE?) Sauce
Poivre, and Yellow sauce at least, I think.

When Regina had her 57th birthday, we had a steak and sauce party, with
a dining room packed with friends. :-D Put the BBQ grill in the open
garage out of the rain, and did steaks, and then the highlight was the
array of sauces I'd built up over the few days before that. Pepper
sauces, garlic sauces, mustard sauce, horseradish, sauce Bob, Jance. One
of them (I don't remember which) had long pepper in it, and Countess
Morwyn and I were hiding it on our end of the table, keeping it to
ourselves. Oh, it was powerful, and sooo good! Quite a kick after you
think it's gone- the flames really open up your sinuses! It was even
better after a few more days of mellowing.

I'm pretty sure that was the year that Morwyn brought the cake out-
lovely spicy carrot cake with raisins, and cream cheese frosting. Except
it wasn't It was meatloaf, studded with olive bits, and frosted with
creamy herbed goat cheese. Was perfect for Ms. 'Vegetables are what Food
eats'. :-D

Liutgard

On 2/16/2014 8:52 PM, S CLEMENGER wrote:
> Pepper sauce.
>
> --Maire
>

> Sent from Windows Mail

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at:
http://slugcrossings.blogspot.com/