[Sca-cooks] Surviving medieval sauces?

S CLEMENGER sclemenger at msn.com
Mon Feb 17 08:55:49 PST 2014

I was thinking of Sauce Poivre, I believe? I’ve seen modern chefs do surprisingly similar things (thickening with bread crumbs, too, sometimes). And I’m currently caffeine-less (waiting on the teapot), so I don’t have two brain cells to rub together to let me try to recall which source. It’s been years since I’ve made it, but ooooh, so good!

Dammit, now I want a steak slathered in that stuff. *cry*

--Maire, glaring at her currently-meatless kitchen

Sent from Windows Mail