[Sca-cooks] Interesting article-

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Wed Feb 19 03:01:59 PST 2014

Of course, the linked article had nothing to do with the Franks, or the
Continent, but was specific to the British Isles. And there are far too
many other factors involved to suggest that there was any parallel.

What i *am* interested in though, isany links from teh Franks to the
Anglo-Saxons ( and vice versa) through Kent.

Liutgard

On 2/18/2014 10:58 PM, JIMCHEVAL at aol.com wrote:
> "The traditional historical narrative is one of brutal conquest, with
> invaders from the North wiping out and replacing the pre-existing population.
> But a new study, published in the Journal of Archaeological Science, hints at
> a  more peaceful process. Dr Andrew Millard, from Durham University, is one
> of the  study's authors."
>
> Interesting. This parallels paleoanthropological evidence that no mass
> bloodshed followed the Franks' takeover of Gaul (not that they were pussycats
> in  specific battles).
>
> Jim Chevallier
> www.chezjim.com
>
> Les Leftovers: sort of a food  history blog
> leslefts.blogspot.com
>
> In a message dated 2/18/2014  5:43:08 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> lcm at jeffnet.org  writes:
> http://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.ch/2014/02/diet-hints-at-cultural-shi
> ft-in-anglo.html#.UwNi5oXA9Hf

"It is our choices Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our
abilities." -Albus Dumbledore ~~~Follow my Queenly perambulations at:
http://slugcrossings.blogspot.com/