[Sca-cooks] The Old Foodie on medlars

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Feb 19 13:00:58 PST 2014

Actually that date is wrong. The Treasurie of Hidden Secrets is the third Partridge volume to be published. It appears under that title in 1596.

The 1573 Partridge that I edited and contributed to medieval cookery.com. is this one...

1573	The Treasurie of commodious Conceits
J. Partridge
J. Holloway (transcr.)	ENM	transcription

I explain about Partridge and his books in the introduction.

See it online here at http://www.medievalcookery.com/notes/treasurie.pdf

Johnnae