[Sca-cooks] Was vinegar or verjuice most used in sauces?

Richenda du Jardin richenda.du.jardin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 18:41:03 PST 2014

Hmm, this is an interesting question. I'm working on a project that is
looking at spices and how they were used in recipes - such as which
types of recipes were more likely to use spices: soups or pies, meat or
dairy, etc.  (This project then looks at what spices and herbs
households are using and whether the recipe collections are a good
reflection of the tastes of the times.)

I'm also cataloging the use of sugar vs. honey in recipes for future
study. It wouldn't be hard to pull vinegar vs. verjuice for the same.

Richenda