[Sca-cooks] Surviving medieval sauces?

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Sun Feb 23 09:58:45 PST 2014

The three mustard sauces are in Martino (et.al) If you need a translation the best is the RIley on DVD.
The Horseradish is in the German Corpus (and actually in Gerard) and I don't do German! :)
One of the mustard recipes is included in Fish: Food From the Water (Pesce Cane) http://books.google.com/books/about/Fish.html?id=mPS0tH02IDUC
I am working on a paper that includes all three mustard recipes and compares all 8 extant sources and the variations of them but that is not going to be finished for awhile.
Eduardo