[Sca-cooks] Was vinegar or verjuice most used in sauces?

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Sun Feb 23 14:04:32 PST 2014

That is a good point and begs the question will fresh verjuice turn to vinegar and how long would this take (given that the cull when the cull of grapes would happen).
I am not sure we can test this with modern bottled verjuice but will need to have someone with access to unripe grapes press them and store them in an appropriate manner.
Many juices will actively move from juice to alcohol fermentation to secondary vinegar fermentation.
This also makes me wonder if it would still be used or considered "verjuice" or if they would recognize it as vinegar?

Eduardo