[Sca-cooks] Was vinegar or verjuice most used in sauces?

David Walddon david at vastrepast.com
Sun Feb 23 14:43:02 PST 2014

You might be right about the unfermetability (new word alert) because of the low sugar content but I might just try it out this season.
The verjuice I made from homemade grapes several years back was not shelf stable because of the biological matter that remained. Better straining and some boiling might have helped this. I will try several different methods this year.
The modern verjuice seems to vary in sweetness and also in shelf stability.
Some I have used seem to do fine in the camping box for several weeks at a time but others mold and or oxidize into yuck pretty quickly.
Eduardo