[Sca-cooks] Arugula/Rocket/Eruca?

Susan Lord Williams lordhunt at gmail.com
Tue Feb 25 09:54:32 PST 2014

Rocket is frequently included in medieval Spanish recipes as seen in the translations of the medieval Spanish culinary manuscripts available on line in English.

An interesting part of South American cuisine is that it has carried over food products and recipes which have been lost in Spain. Rocket is hard to find in Spain today. In Chile it is readily available like lettuce and used almost as much in salads as lettuce. It is also puréed like spinach. My house quests from the US recently claimed they would not eat my salad if it had rocket because it was too bitter. They ate their words!

Suey