[Sca-cooks] OT Food Trends of 2014

Chef Christy chefchristy at kingstaste.com
Tue Jan 14 10:56:02 PST 2014

Interesting.  The only one I hadn't heard of was "freekeh".
I love the tag line: "I hope you like cauliflower."  LOL  Paleo did that.
Christianna

Subject: [Sca-cooks] OT Food Trends of 2014

OT: not pre-1700 food. I just saw these 21 supposed food trends of 2014.
http://www.refinery29.com/2014/01/60174/food-trends-2014#slide-1

It's actually just a 'slide show' with a hip photo-graphic and a couple
sentences for each item, much quicker to go through than it might first
seem.

Some of these are to me - in Berkeley CA where we have a neighborhood known
as the "Gourmet Ghetto" because of all the specialty food shops and Chez
Panisse - so several years ago. But, hey, to the middle of the US they could
be revelatory.

Someone sometimes called Urtatim