[Sca-cooks] Lobster in Period

Daniel Myers dmyers at medievalcookery.com
Thu Jan 16 07:12:38 PST 2014

Sorry about the piecemeal nature of my reply - I keep getting
distracted.

There's a nice lobster in the lower left corner of Campi's "Christ in
the House of Mary and Martha" (1580).  It looks pretty much like the
ones I've eaten.

http://www.wga.hu/frames-e.html?/html/c/campi/vincenzo/marymart.html

- Doc