[Sca-cooks] Lobster in Period

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Thu Jan 16 15:03:34 PST 2014

Just looking at it, I don't see the joint on the latter part of thorax that
would define it as a crayfish and one claw is larger than the other, which
suggests you are looking at a clawed lobster.  The larger claw is the
crusher, the smaller the cutter (having sharper internal edges).  Usually,
the left is the crusher, as it appears to be in this drawing.  My opinion is
this is a common lobster, probably H. gammarus based on the context.

Bear