[Sca-cooks] Spice Trails

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Fri Jan 17 13:07:14 PST 2014

Just caught this on rerun this afternoon.  Two errors I spotted were, cubebs
being referenced as not being a "true pepper" (they are true peppers
(Piper)) and ascribing saffron in Spain to the Arabs.  Saffron was being
grown by the Romans all over the Empire including Britian and Spain.  There
is an arguable position that saffron was re-introduced into Spain by the
Arabs following a decline in cultivation after the collapse of the Empire.

Good show even with the errors.

Bear