[Sca-cooks] Viking recipes site

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun Jan 19 07:19:03 PST 2014

This is a possibility, but there is no evidence of fractional
crystallization being used by Europeans before the early modern period.  If
the Vikings did freeze distillation, why doesn't it show up elsewhere?  I'm
sure the people in the Orkneys would have made great use of the technique.
The technique does show up in some Chinese texts from around the 7th
Century, so there is a possibility.

Bear