[Sca-cooks] Borage

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Mon Jan 20 16:32:54 PST 2014

Am forwarding this for Devra

I have not been able to post for a while (they said I was spamming) so maybe you can pass this info along.

Borage seeds are pretty easy to find in herb garden places. It does indeed taste like cucumber (and maybe just a little bit fishy...)

Purslane is also known as portulaca, and it grows nicely in the East except that squirrels love it, and you may not get much of a crop because of that.  It was imported (like dandelions) AFAIK, as a pot herb by early immigrants.

Devra