[Sca-cooks] Galentines was Cut-Off Date for Cookery Books?

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Wed Jan 29 18:58:18 PST 2014

Galantines  or galantynes have long been a discussion topic on this list.
One can't mention the subject without noting Constance Hieatt's paper, wherein Hieatt
cited the work of Terry Nutter on the topic.
Hieatt, Constance B. "Of Pike (and Pork) Wallowing in Galentine." in Fish, Food from the Waters.
Proceedings of the Oxford Symposium on Food and Cookery, 1997. Totnes, Devon: Prospect Books, 1998.

The article is on pages 150-159.
You wouldn't know this Jim, but Professor Terry Nutter was a member of this list. She passed away in 2001.
Johnnae

Sent from my iPad