[Sca-cooks] "Risen Sweet"

Susan Lord Williams lordhunt at gmail.com
Wed Jul 2 15:44:22 PDT 2014

 Johnna Holloway wrote.
"Well, wouldn't you start with the recipe for "The Making of Khabis"? It's six recipes farther along in the text. Make that recipe and then proceed with what looks like a honey/egg white cooked nougat. The variation is to use sesame seeds and not the Kkabis.”

————————
Risen Sweet is recipe 184. Six recipes down is:

"190. Another Like It, a Summer Dish that Cools the Body

"Slit the throats of a sexually mature chicken . . . "

Recipe #114, however is titled: Tharda of Khabîs[41] with Two Chickens

"[41]"Khabis" and "khabisa," names derived from "khabasa"--to mix. Belot gives it as a mix of dates, cream, and starch; see Dozy. Later we shall find several more recipes for this dish. (HM)