[Sca-cooks] Fenugreek

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 12:36:03 PDT 2014

On Jul 7, 2014, at 11:22 PM, Sharon Palmer <ranvaig at columbus.rr.com> wrote:

> Use them any way you would use spinach or other greens.  It's a different flavor but very good.  Try mixing a little into some cooked potatoes, or use in bread.  Or use them as microgreens in salad.  I think it might be very interesting in fresh cheese.
>
> If you know any nursing mothers, [fenugreek] tea from the seeds is said to be a good galactagogue.
>
> Ranvaig

Huh? Sorry, “galactogogue”?

Since the original poster, Wanda, was asking about leaves and not seeds, is the resultant tea made from the leaves different from that made from the seeds?

Why is “tea” brewed from tea leaves and not tea seeds? Is it just that tea leaves are easier to get and more available?

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris