[Sca-cooks] Fenugreek

Susan Lord Williams lordhunt at gmail.com
Sat Jul 12 10:36:19 PDT 2014

I do not know where I got from or why it is here but I have herb/spice jar labeled Fenugreek and there is fenugreek in it.

David Friedman wrote:

>  According to al-Warraq, Fenugreek "is hot and causes bloating and
> headaches."
>
> Be warned.
>
> The only recipe he gives using it is a medicinal recommended for asthma,
> Labored breathing, and coughs.
>
> According to the notes, Ibn al-Baytar says that "The fresh herb ... used
> to cure back complaints, kidney ailments, and pain caused by a cold
> womb. It is also believed to increase blood.”

That is up my tree, I have acute back ailments and have been operated on 5 times and a kidney with a stent as the opening was too small. So tell me all! - Do we have a doctor in the group who can comment not only on this but asthma related problems?