[Sca-cooks] Period Japanese cooking?

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Tue Jun 3 21:13:32 PDT 2014

Also one of the sites I browsed claimed that Japanese food really hasn't
changed that much over the centuries, supposedly because they're very
attached  to their culture. It IS true that it's an island culture that remained
closed to  outside influence for an unusually long time, so that is credible.
And to the  degree that they've adopted Western foods, it seems they've
mainly taken them as  is, rather than integrating them in the way, say, the
French integrated verjuice  and a certain approach to spices from the East.

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

The  early history of the Paris Halles
_http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/05/the-early-years-of-paris-halles.html_
(http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/04/beyond-wine-water-and-beer-what-else.h
tml)

In a message dated 6/3/2014 9:09:04 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,