[Sca-cooks] HELP!

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Tue Jun 10 14:43:11 PDT 2014

It is some of both. The easiest? way is to change to an email provider that doesn't go through Yahoo servers, which I believe hotmail may do. Which may be why you are having problems.

Many maillists now have policies that say you can't use yahoo addresses because of the problems it causes with the rule that they suddenly started enforcing on email headers.  This new rule causes most mail program software to change headers in a way that Yahoo decided they wouldn't accept. And the error messages generated then play havoc with email lists. So in the short? term, many mail lists don't allow mail from yahoo. Others that also go through yahoo also cause similar problems, but don't have an absolute block. But messages from these providers often get bounced enough that the mail list monitors often turn off such trouble causing email accounts.

As was mentioned, until Yahoo, and a few others, back off on this non-industry standard requirement or until the mail list software is changed, problems will continue to occur.

At least this list isn't run off of Yahoo. For the ones that are, I can't get to them currently, at least using gmail. Just my austin.rr.com email, which I'm trying to move away from.

The traffic these last few weeks has been pretty light, so you may not be missing any messages. You might wish to check the archives.

And yes, welcome back!

Stefan

--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com