[Sca-cooks] Being Bounced

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Tue Jun 17 14:07:35 PDT 2014

The cause of these bounces is a new security protocol which the recently
upgraded list mail handler, Mailman 2.1.17, does not correct when it
modifies the incoming messages to send to the list.  The flag that forces
the bounces (if I understand the protocol correctly) can be reset in Mailman
2.1.18 correcting the problem.  However, the sysadmin of the Ansteorran
server appears to back level one release of system software to maintain a
stable system, which means this problem may go on for a while.

I only bounce and loose messages from aol.com, so whenever I get suspended,
I simply confirm my subscription and check the archives to see what I
missed.

Bear