[Sca-cooks] Meat and potatoes

Wanda Pease wandap at hevanet.com
Wed Mar 5 13:57:32 PST 2014

Susan, welcome to the world of the "ooh, that looks funny", hopefully crossed with the "Green Eggs And Ham" (Dr Seuss book).

Personally I blame a lot on the fact that the US is huge and you can now travel four or more time zones and never eat outside your favorite hometown franchise (McDonalds).  Some Americans never travel, not many that I've met, but some.

Worst of all are the people who were indulged as children with whatever they had a yen for at the moment, such as hot dogs or some fast food rather than sat down to dinner which contained what was going to be served to eat that night.  Like kitten skeletons in trees, you didn't see starving middle class children.

But that was before microwaves and enough money to eat out of vending machines too :-)

I must admit many Americans aren't big on fish.  I tend to avoid fish dishes myself having grown up in a family of sport fishermen who spent most weekends on trout streams.  Has more to do with bones really.

For me the only reason scrambled eggs would be safe on a buffet would be if they were highly spiced with capsicum.  Being from the Pacific Northwest (old style) I order Mexican or Thai with Zero hotness (I'm a wimp)

Keep on cooking,  it will get better!

Regina Romsey

Sent from my iPad