[Sca-cooks] politely deflecting food you don't want

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Fri Mar 7 17:30:37 PST 2014

Well, pretending one's not hungry (or not anymore anyway) is one.
Simply leaving it on the plate (as my mother and an older friend did when
they thought my string beans were undercooked) is another.
With fish, one can always say one just doesn't eat it. Not really that
unusual.
I had some ex-neighbors in France who were always inviting me to dinner. I
decided I should reciprocate but after the first time, they'd always go
"Why  don't you come to OUR place?" It took me years to realize why... :)

My experiments were mainly in trying to make dishes beyond my meager
capabilities. Can't recall now, except that I had a book of regional American
recipes and would dip into it. One of the few women I ever lived with once
said,  "You're always trying the complicated things. Why not keep it simple?"

Etc.

Jim  Chevallier
www.chezjim.com

The doctor's blancmange: Medieval recipes  from medical texts
_http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/03/the-doctors-blancmange-medieval-recipe
s.html

In a message dated 3/7/2014 5:06:43 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,