[Sca-cooks] Clarissa Dickson Wright, Two Fat Ladies Star, has died

guillanedv guillanedv at aol.com
Mon Mar 17 16:39:33 PDT 2014

I had the chance to meet her in 2001. At that time she owned a cookbook store in Edinburgh. I was on a church trip and skipped a rehearsal to check it out.   As the clerk and I were pulling books from the historical section, I asked where Ms. Wright might be.

 The clerk said that she was out of the country but would be in the next day to pick up her mail. Not 10 minutes later she walked in. She autographed all of her books and told us stories about her dinners for St. Andrews college. She was exactly like she appeared on the PBS show, I have the photo to prove it.

Jennifer Patterson, the other Fat Lady had died a year before. That program taught me a lot about British cooking.

The food world‎ has lost another great lady.

Saddened
Guillane

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Verizon Wireless 4G LTE network.