[Sca-cooks] Metal Poisoning from the fork

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Sun May 11 09:07:35 PDT 2014

Or with Damian's own text, which goes back to the eleventh  century.

If you're referring to the bogus addition, I did a general  search on
Google Books. No, that wouldn't catch everything, but if the story had  any
currency before the latter half of the twentieth century, it certainly would
have popped up somewhere.

The first place to look for many ersatz food  stories is in the work of the
eighteenth century writer Le Grand d'Aussy. Even  today food historians
cite his claims uncritically and more than one error can  be traced directly
back to him. His work is tremendously important, but includes  a fair number
of errors.

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

Beyond Apicius (2):  recipes from other Roman sources
_http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/05/beyond-apicius-2-recipes-from-other.ht
ml_
(http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/04/beyond-wine-water-and-beer-what-else.html)

In a message dated 5/11/2014 9:01:47 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,