[Sca-cooks] The prohibition of the metal fork to convey organic substance...

JIMCHEVAL at aol.com JIMCHEVAL at aol.com
Wed May 14 17:27:57 PDT 2014

That's clear. What's not clear is why you think such a prohibition  existed.

You began by quoting (as I understand) a Spanish critic who gave no source
for his claim. When you provided a possible source, it turned out that
tracked  back to a story from Peter Damian - with the very large hitch that
someone had  added language which does not exist in Damian's original. Nor is
there any  evidence that this idea was even referenced before the second half
of the  twentieth century.

So all we seem to have at this point is one critic's unsubstantiated claim,
 no?

Why then would we be trying to locate a passage in the Bible that relates
to a prohibition that may never have existed? Shouldn't the first step be to
 find some evidence that it DID exist?

Jim  Chevallier
_www.chezjim.com_ (http://www.chezjim.com/)

Beyond Apicius (2):  recipes from other Roman sources
_http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/05/beyond-apicius-2-recipes-from-other.ht
ml_
(http://leslefts.blogspot.com/2014/04/beyond-wine-water-and-beer-what-else.html)

In a message dated 5/14/2014 4:59:21 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,