[Sca-cooks] Holiday

Chef Christy chefchristy at kingstaste.com
Thu Nov 27 10:09:49 PST 2014

I just experimented with my first steamed pudding a la Mrs. Cratchitt, and
it is wonderful!  I have to wait to make the hard sauce until I get to my
TDay destination (because I used all of my brandy in the batter, and they
have reinforcements).
A windfall case of apples has contributed to a large pan of baked apples in
the oven right now.  Those are the only things I'm taking for dinner today,
although my roommate has a big pot of collard greens on the stove, I made a
London broil last night, and there is a large turkey in the fridge that will
be injected and spatchcocked (even I think that sounds dirty - and I know
I'm using perfectly appropriate cooking terminology ;) ) that will get
cooked up sometime over the weekend.
Hope everyone has fun in the kitchen, because I know being able to cook for
our loved ones is something we are all thankful for!
Happy Thanksgiving, Cooks!
Christianna

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone

What is everyone enjoying for dinner this year?

Johnnae