[Sca-cooks] Parsnips

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Tue Oct 7 17:09:45 PDT 2014

I often save many of these “false” trails or assertions later shown to be wrong, is so that the actual facts and supporting info is saved somewhere. Perhaps this will keep future researchers, especially SCA folks, from continuing or recreating the original mis-step.

Unfortunately, these side-paths even when they are dead-ends, do make files, in this case the sugar-msg file, longer.

It is amazing to see all these different bits of research come together from different people and sources. For people new to this list, are there any?, this kind of statement is why the folks on this list are very likely to ask “What are your references?, Do you have any supporting evidence for that statement?"

Stefan

<<< Ignorance, perhaps, but more likely accepting authority without
verification, something that has bitten me a time or twice.  It's hard to
thoroughly vet every factoid and what usually really gets you is a throwaway
comment by a respected researcher.  Everybody makes errors.  Lord knows,
I've made plenty.  All you can do is move forward, learn more and correct
your ideas.

Bear >>>
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com