[Sca-cooks] Side Dishes for al-Warraq

Johnna Holloway johnnae at mac.com
Thu Sep 4 14:24:03 PDT 2014

I suppose part of the questions regarding serving plain rice relate to the practicality of serving a feast based upon al-Warraq and expecting that it be eaten in the authentic manner of everyone at a table dipping their hands into a common bowl and sharing the food in such a manner. (Women and children should be authenticly excluded of course, right?)

Given how feasts are paid for and served in the Society and with the multitude of diners demanding vegetarian or vegan options, serving plain rice might be a desired option anyway, whether or not it is the rice cooked to perfection.

Johnnae

Sent from my iPad