[Sca-cooks] Dried or smoked sausages

Volker Bach carlton_bach at yahoo.de
Thu Sep 11 09:19:40 PDT 2014

There are several sausage recipes I'm aware of that require drying (Welserin's sausages for salad and 'Italian sausages' from a sixteenth-century middle low German print), but they do not involve deer. Smoking seems to have been common, though the only recipe that specifically is for a smoked sausage I knowq is lucanicae.

YIS

Giano