[Sca-cooks] Cowpeas (was: seljuk-era rice dish)

Galefridus Peregrinus galefridus at optimum.net
Tue Sep 30 13:22:35 PDT 2014

Cowpeas are out of period?!? Since when? Some cursory research indicates
that they were cultivated in the eastern Mediterranean as far back as
2300 BCE. See:

Perrino, P., Laghetti, G., Spagnoletti Zeuli, P. L. & Monti, L.M. (1993)
Diversification of cowpea in the Mediterranean and other centres of
cultivation. Genetic resources and crop evolution, 40, 121-132.
DOI:10.1007/BF00051116

-- Galefridus