[Sca-cooks] BELLOTA WITH 13TH C GLUTEN FREE ACORN BREAD RECIPE

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 12:59:07 PDT 2015

<<< Wouldn?t it be easier if I could distinguish between bitter and sweet acorns?...If pigs can do this why can?t we? >>>

What makes you think the pigs distinguish between the two? The tannins might not bother them as much and they may just eat all of them.

I do remember comments about the acorns in Europe being less bitter, but that doesn’t help you in South America.  And now, I’m beginning to wonder if that was referring to just specific types of trees.

Did you taste your acorn butter before going to all the trouble of leaching it?

Stefan
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/marksharris