[Sca-cooks] Classic kitchenware

Terry Decker t.d.decker at att.net
Sun Dec 6 13:51:58 PST 2015

> Stefan wrote:
>
> <<< Centuries old kitchenwares company still in business in the USA
>
> http://www.thekitchn.com/jacob-bromwell-classic-kitchen-tools-from-graters-to-flour-sifters-all-made-in-the-usa-store-profile-190427
> 111
> Johnnae >>>
>
> I recognize the 4-sided cheese grater. My mom had, probably still has, one
> identical to this from the 1960s. But $35! It works well, but wow. Way
> higher than I?d expect.
>
> Stefan

Give me a break! At my local supermarket a 4-sided cheese grater costs the
dollar equivalent of $4.06!!!

****

The price isn't about function, but about ego.  "See, I have the best
equipment in my kitchen" (even if I don't know how to use it).

That said, I've got a couple graters in my kitchen gear that are around 80
to 100 years old and are still going strong, while some of the cheaper ones
I've purchased are now with the recyclers.  Top quality, but too pricey for
average kitchen use.

Bear