[Sca-cooks] Kitab al-Tabik vs Kitab al-Tabik?

Jim and Andi jimandandi at cox.net
Mon Dec 7 16:03:23 PST 2015

Can anyone explain in very small words what the difference is between the
Kitab al-Tabikh translated by Arberry and published in Medieval Arab Cookery
and the Kitab al-Tabikh translated by Nasrallah and published as Annals of
the Caliph's Kitchens? I've read the intros twice each and I still can't
parse it out. They're two different editions? Different manuscripts? I get
that there are three separate manuscripts and one of them is Turkish with
all the additions and that's not either of these, but then how are these two
different from each other? It's so confusing.

Madhavi

Trimaris