[Sca-cooks] Kitab al-Tabik vs Kitab al-Tabik?

Jim and Andi jimandandi at cox.net
Thu Dec 10 18:13:08 PST 2015

Thank you everyone!

-----Original Message-----
From: Sca-cooks [mailto:sca-cooks-bounces+jimandandi=cox.net at lists.ansteorra.org] On Behalf Of Volker Bach
Sent: Tuesday, December 8, 2015 12:47 AM
To: Cooks within the SCA
Subject: Re: [Sca-cooks] Kitab al-Tabik vs Kitab al-Tabik?

As far as I know, kitab al-tabikh just means 'cookbook' and is used to describe many such books (to this day, a Syrian student of mine says). The two are different texts. Arberry's translation is of al Baghdadi's, a thirteenth century work, while Nasrallah's is of al-Warraq's, dating to the tenth century.

Best

Giano