[Sca-cooks] Recipes from the Wagstaff Miscellany

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 14:44:55 PDT 2015

Thank you!

It is now on my wish list, waiting until I have enough other purchases to break $35 and get free shipping.

Stefan

<<< Here's another new work and we can safely say this one is worth adding to the home library.

It's Recipes from the Wagstaff Miscellany "which is a collection of recipes, poems, and other texts written sometime in the fifteenth century. This book contains a transcription of the 189 culinary recipes from the  miscellany in the original Middle English, along with notes and related recipes from other contemporary sources." This is also known as the Beinecke MS 163 which is held by Yale University. We dated it as circa 1460 for the Concordance of English Recipes.

The author of this volume is Dan Myers of MedievalCookery.com and http://medievalcookery.blogspot.com. Or Master
Edouard Halidai of this list. Often posting as Doc.

The text is pretty much what he has been posting about, but now it's in print form. Easy to order through Amazon.

Highly recommended.

Johnnae >>>
--------
   Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas          StefanliRous at gmail.com