[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Silly Season?

Chef Christy chefchristy at kingstaste.com
Thu Jul 23 08:59:00 PDT 2015

Hello gang,

For the first time in almost 30 years I am staying home from Pennsic.  I am
glad that the weather forecast has improved so much since I made my
decision, but I still think it is the right one for me this year, given
mobility issues that I hope to have greatly improved by next year.

So here I am, and every year I have turned off my subscription to the Cook's
List, only to come back and hear about the silliness that happened here
while I was gone.  I know our little coffee clutch in Gunthar's living room
isn't as active as it once was (hello, Facebook), but I'm here this year,
and I have been known to be silly from time to time ;)

My CSA has been delivering lots of wonderful veggies and I just blogged
about making ratatouille (askchefchristy.com/blog/blog), and I have a bowl
of watermelon rind cut up in the fridge to make pickles with.  (Not silly or
period, but that's what's going on in my kitchen just now.)

So what is it to be?  Cuskynoles? Twinkies and Peeps?  Favorite things to
encase in aspic or Jell-O?

Hoping everyone is enjoying their summer, wherever you are,

Christianna