[Sca-cooks] Essential Knives?

Daniel And elizabeth phelps dephelps at embarqmail.com
Sun Jul 26 09:17:31 PDT 2015

Mom doesn't cook much of anything off the general run of what a 1940s/50s raised Michigan house wife might cook. Chinese cleavers are small and thin bladed?  Were I to put a cleaver on the essentials list I would include a medium size one like the 6 or 7 inch Sabatier I own. It is thick bladed and will chop through small bones with ease. The problem with it is that my wife is scared of it.  Thus such might be to formidable for some?  Be that as it may... five essential knives: a cleaver, a chef knife, a boning knife, a paring knife and a bread knife?

Daniel